Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chocolate and Coconut Vegan lotion bar recipe

This is a particularly luscious lotion bar that is lip safe. I pour mine into a little 1 oz tin, and that size lasts for months.

All measurements are weights.
The original recipe makes a lot of lotion but this is the ratio that got me to the texture I was looking for. Its not a hard lotion bar but is still pretty solid.
I always use a double boiler for this type of work to prevent scorching. I also work from the highest melting point down unrefined oils can decompose when exposed to high heat. Fully melt each component before adding the next one starting with the wax and then stirring in the butter followed by the oils.

15 oz soy wax (425 gm)
7 oz cocoa butter  (198 gm)
8 oz unrefined coconut oil (227 gm)
1 oz Vit E oil (28 gm)

The Vitamin e is a preservative as well a moderate UV protection.



No comments:

Post a Comment